MyChron Expansion is the new channel multiplier improving MyChron4 and MyChron4 2T performances, thanks to four additional channels and a further connector for the CAN bus. Through this last connector MyChron4 can be connected to another AiM system (LCU Lambda controller, GPS, SmartyCam HD, the on-board camera or a Data key for data download. Thanks to its specific wirings, MyChron Expansion powers MyChron4 and its peripherals with an external battery, avoiding internal battery consumption.
MyChron Expansion features four inputs to connect MyChron4 to an equal number of additional channels.
All channels are easily configurable as analog through MyChron4 menu to sample data outcoming from:
- Exhaust gas valve position sensor (very important to understand at which RPM value the exhaust port opens)
- Wheel speed sensor: the first input on the left can be configured also as digital input
- No contact brake pedal position sensor
- No contact throttle pedal position sensor (to know if and when to accelerate)
- Brake pressure sensor
- Water temperature or cylinder head temperature (PT100 thermo-resistor only)
- Steering angle potentiometer (to highlight over/under steering situations)
- Brake pedal potentiometer
- Throttle pedal potentiometer
MyChron Expansion is a complete, value-for-money instrument for professional kart analysis.
Warning: MyChron Expansion DOES NOT support gear calculation.
This expansion is to be considered as alternative to MyChron4 eBox.